Looking into a selection of beautiful houses for sale in Calgary can certainly tempt anyone into buying a property and living in this vibrant city. Moreover, an investment in real estate in Calgary, and in many other places in Canada for that matter, can be highly beneficial. Kyle Green writes about the advantages of becoming a homeowner in Canada for the Vancouver Sun.
1. Home ownership is the single largest source of savings for Canadian households.
2. Your payments build equity (as opposed to renting, where your money goes to the building owner).
3. Unlike other investments that can be volatile, when you buy a home the increase in its value is relatively steady. The average price of a house for sale on the Canadian real estate market has increased every year since 1998.
4. The return on investment for a house can be substantial. In Canada, there has not been a recorded 10-year period where average house prices have not increased.
5. Homeowners can use the equity in their homes as security for other loans.
6. Buying a home and building equity is the first step on the property ladder.
Inner City Calgary is one location in Canada that promises the kind of lifestyle many dream of – a progressive economy with many opportunities for enterprise and employment, easy access to numerous retail stores, restaurants, and entertainment centers, and healthy green vegetation all around that enhances well-being. If there is one location in Canada that is ideal for a first home, Inner City Calgary would be it.
Before you take that big plunge into real estate investing, however, it is important that you first understand the basics of home buying. You need to learn about mortgages, and the process that goes into getting one. This includes getting a pre-approval, which will determine the amount that you can loan from a lender for your home purchase. A reliable mortgage broker can help connect you to various lending institutions who can present you with several financing options.
Once you have put your finances in focus, and have determined a budget that will be in line with your immediate and future financial situation, you can proceed to finding the right house for sale in Calgary. While this sounds like a very exciting exercise, it can actually be more difficult than it seems as you will have to compete with other buyers, and, could miss out on opportunities for a great buy. For these reasons, it is important that you work with reputable real estate brokers like Calgary’s Inner City real estate specialist Christine Ordze, who can help you find the right property that will match your preferences and budget.
(Article Information and Image from Tips and tricks to help first-time home buyers, The Vancouver Sun, March 15, 2013)